Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
Who we are?
Alex Martin Commercial Limited of 9 Holyrood Street, London, SE1 2EL collects, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When we do this we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws.
Our Data Protection Partner is: Alex Dawson
What do we do with your information?
Information collected by us
When carrying out our property services we collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- National Insurance Number
- Bank Details
- Other personal information required in connection with the property services being provided
We collect the following information from other sources:
- Personal information relating to anti-money laundering checks
- Personal information required in connection with the property services being provided
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- In connection with the property services you have requested
- To provide you with information about our other services
Whether information has to be provided by you, and why?
This personal information, as outlined above, must be provided by you to us, to enable us to provide the property services to you. When we collect information from you, we will inform you whether you are required to provide this information to us.
Property reasons we collect and use your personal information
We rely on (i) the performance of a contract, (ii) compliance with property obligations, and (iii) legitimate interests, as the property basis for processing your information. We will only rely on legitimate interests where it does not negatively impact on your interests, rights or freedoms.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We have relationships with a number of third parties that we routinely share the above personal data with. For a list of these third parties please contact Alex Dawson. This data sharing enables us to provide property services to you.
We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information outside the EEA or to an International Organisation in order to provide the property services. A list of all third countries that your personal data may be transferred to can be provided by Alex Dawson
These countries do not have same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. The European Commission has not given a formal decision that these countries provide data protection that is substantially similar to those in the United Kingdom and EEA, however any transfer will be subject to safeguards as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation. These safeguards are designed to protect your privacy rights and provide you with remedies in the unlikely event that your personal information is misused. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these safeguards from Alex Dawson
If you would like any further information please contact Alex Dawson
How long will we store your personal data?
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Compliance with Money Laundering Regulations – 5 years
- Subject to the property service provided – 6 to 12 years
- Original legal documents – indefinitely
If you would like further details on the retention period for your specific matter please contact Alex Dawson. Your data will be securely destroyed/deleted at the appropriate time.
As outlined above, we use a number of lawful bases for processing your personal data and therefore will not need your explicit consent to do this.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal data and fair processing of your information;
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you;
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce property effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way;
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email, call or write to Alex Dawson
- Provide information so that we can identify you. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise;
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request. Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any email you can do so by following the instructions on any communication we send to you. It may take five days for this to become effective.
How to make a complaint?
We hope that you are happy with our service and that Alex Dawson can resolve any issues or complaints that arise. Please get in touch if you have any concerns (see ‘Get in touch’ below).
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority if the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Automated Decision Making
We do not use automated decision making in relation to the property services we provide.
We protect your personal data using all reasonable and proportionate means, including computer security systems, staff training, compliance with all appropriate data protection legislation and professional conduct rules.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, we will inform you.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was initially published on 1 July 2018 and will be reviewed in July 2019.
We constantly review our internal privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When we do we will inform you.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact Alex Dawson
The best way to reach us is to email or alternatively, please write or call.
If it would be helpful to have this notice provided in another format (for example: in another language, audio, braille) please contact us (see ‘Get in touch’ above).